Liquid Kelp Concentrate from GS Plant Foods is among the highest quality seaweed products you can buy. It is derived from the Ascophyllum Nodosum seaweed from Norway, which has been proven to be the most effective at providing the desired results.
Liquid Kelp is a natural plant food that provides a range of benefits for plant health and growth. Another one of the few natural ‘miracle’ foods that you can give to your plants. GS Plant Foods' Liquid Kelp will greatly increase your plant’s resistance to stressors such as excessive heat, wind, drought conditions and more. It will stimulate natural root growth, mineral uptake and overall plant growth and vigor. Our 32 ounce bottle of concentrate yields from 16 to 32 gallons!
Our final kelp product does not contain any potassium hydroxide. We use a proprietary extraction process that we believe is superior to that which our competitors offer. As for shelf life, it should last about 4+ years, although the effectiveness may wane over time.
You can use GS Plant Foods' Liquid Kelp in conjunction with other fertilizers, or by itself. It pairs especially well with a high quality Liquid Fish fertilizer such as GS Plant Foods' Organic Liquid Fish. Use on all plants, seedlings, fruit trees, houseplants as a regular healthful maintenance program. You will begin to experience healthier plants with stronger, more developed root systems and bigger blooms and flowers.
Benefits of Liquid Kelp:
- Improves seed germination and increases root development.
- Increases bloom set and size of flowers and fruit.
- Increases and stabilizes chlorophyll in plants, which results in darker green leaves and increased sugar content in plants.
- Relieves stress in plants caused by extreme weather conditions.
- Increases plant vigor, and thus imparts a greater resistance to disease, insect attack, drought, and frost.
- Increases microorganisms in the soil that can fix nitrogen from the air.
- Increases mineral uptake from the soil and into the plant.
- Increases the storage life of fruits and vegetables by retarding the loss of protein, chlorophyll, and RNA.
- Retards the aging process in plants (senescence), thereby lengthening the production season.
Many of the trace minerals contained in seaweed have important regulatory functions when applied to land plants, and in the animals and humans that consume the plants.
Directions For Use: Our Organic Kelp is extremely safe. Unlike synthetic fertilizers, you don't have to worry about 'burning' your plants if you apply too much. Plants and grasses absorb the nutrients from kelp as much as 8 to 20 times greater when applied as a foliar (sprayed on the leaves). Depending on what you are applying to, there are different ways you could apply. If it is to a single tree or plant, you can just add 2-4 ounces of the Kelp concentrate to the water in a bucket and pour directly on to the base of the tree at the soil level For a foliar application, we recommend mixing 2 ounces of the Kelp concentrate into a gallon of water an spraying your plants from above, allowing the kelp to flow from top to bottom. When applying to large areas (i.e lawns, shrubs etc...) the easiest way to apply is with a hose-end sprayer. You can get these hose end sprayers at a hardware store or $5 to $10. Just set it to a flow of 2oz and each gallon of the dilution will cover approximately 1000 sq ft. You can apply as often as you like, but once a week is ideal.
CLICK SIZE TO ORDER
1 QUART- $16.95
1 GALLON- $30.95
5 Gallons- $149.95
55 Gallon Drum - $695.00
275 Gallon Tote- $2695.00